Sunday, April 18, 2010

Well, there's 14 hours of my life I won't get back.


I survived the full week back at school. The last day before vacation is always a crapshoot, but I love where I teach, because the kids will do just about anything I assign them. Rebellion for most of them is not bringing in their homework! So they spent all of 10 minutes filling in a crossword puzzle based on current news (Thank you zachary-jones.com/spanish, my absolute favorite website this year!) and then tried guessing songs that were originally recorded in English and redone in Spanish. "My Way" by the Gypsy Kings stumped them. Anyway, they had a test the day before, and I couldn't start new stuff. It was a mellow way to head into break, even though I was there (again) till 5pm, pulling together work for a sub just in case I crash before this week is over.
Yesterday Mr. Wonderful and I headed out in the drizzle to go "bookin'"--a new term coined by himself. One of his weaknesses (obsessions?) is to buy books. Lots of books. I hate to admit it, but I'm getting used to it. We headed off to New England Mobile Bookfair in search of some good buys, and after a few hours came up with some. I love the remainder rooms, but I didn't find too much. Mr. W always manages to find some book on World War II that he hasn't read yet. I swear he could teach for an entire semester just based on books from his own library if he had to. From there he stopped at an electronics store to look around, and then we headed off to a massive used book store a few towns away. I love this place--paperbacks are $1.29, hardcovers $1.99. I always find a ton of Spanish stuff either for use in class or for me to practice--picked up "Bridget Jones' Diary". Great selection of stuff too, and they are all in pretty good shape. We stopped at the local Building 19 too, but not much there. We headed home, and I realized that I was a little tired. I decided to take a nap--a quick nap in my mind, maybe 30 minutes or so, just to recharge.
Yup. That's what I thought.
I woke up this morning at 8:20. I went to bed at 6pm the night before. I slept pretty much straight through. Hence, the title of the post.
Wow.
I don't know if it's the lack of levoxyl that slammed me, or if all of last week caught up with me. I think Mr. Wonderful was getting nervous! I told him to just wait, that there would probably be more of that in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment