Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tips for TT


I'm noticing that there are a lot of Ts on this blog.
I found the website for ThyCa.org, and it has a wealth of info. I'm still exploring the site, but I did get some great suggestions from people for the TT.

1. Charge up your iPod for the hospital stay. Music always helps me, and it was great for drowning out the noise from the hospital floor. Scared the heck out of me when I was plugged in and the phlebotomist came for a blood draw at 3am.

2. U-shaped neck pillow! You know the travel pillows you always see in the airport? That was a huge help since it hurt to hold my head up. I found a pattern online and stitched one up the night before the surgery. It helped a lot and made me more comfortable. Here's the link: http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/us/3356.htm

3. Popsicles at home: Cold made my throat feel better. Before or after a meal, these kept pain away. And they were yummy. Edy's fruit bars were great.

4. Wear something that zips or buttons in the front to the hospital so you can wear it home the next day. It was better for me and didn't bug the incision.

5. Sleeping was hard the first couple of nights. Maybe I should have taken more pain meds. I was pretty wiped out the first week.

6. If you have a tendency to get nauseous after surgery, ask for a prescription for motion sickness patch to put on the night before. That made a huge difference for me and I didn't have to worry about getting sick.

1 comment:

  1. Desiccated bovine supplements are totally different from synthroid. I gained a lot of benefits like thicker hair and gained loads of energy. I’m totally different now. Thanks to bovine.

    ReplyDelete