Friday, April 23, 2010

Hypo Hell so soon?


Oh shoot me now. I didn't get to sleep last night until 3:40 am. Houston, I think we have a problem. This wasn't supposed to start til next week! It took me a few hours to clean up the kitchen after all my LID cooking, and then I lost some time on Facebook (bigger time-sucker ever invented). I did some laundry, folded some clothes, cleaned up some stuff around the house, and probably could have stayed up til the sun came up--kind of thought that was not a good idea.

I'm paying for it now--woke up with a massive headache, my body temperature must be 10 degrees higher than normal, and I have that feeling I used to get in college after pulling an all-nighter--everything hurts. I even took one cytomel instead of two yesterday since I thought that might be the culprit, but no. Maybe I'll take the pill in smaller bits spread out over the day tomorrow? A couple of people on Thyca said that might help. If it is the start of hypo hell, I don't think I'll be able to go to school next week, especially if I'm not sleeping. I'm hoping to feel a little less bad tomorrow--how's that for overachieving? It was nice to know that others out there are suffering the same side effects, so I'm not completely alone. Two more weeks, maybe less of this. Argh.

So today, I took a seven hour journey to Mr. Wonderful's brother's in lovely Pennsylvania to see my niece in her spring musical along with my Mother-in-Law and my Sis-in-law. It's now almost midnight, and I feel much better than I did 10 hours ago. Should I stay up and take advantage of the feeling good, or go to bed, listen to my iPod and pray to fall asleep? I'm having a glass of wine, so that might help. Tomorrow's going to be busy....

Highlight of traveling in the Pilot--sis-in-law and I watched "40 Year-old Virgin" on the DVD.

Interesting LID experiences today. I brought a large bag of food that I can eat, but we had to stop for lunch and dinner en route. Lunch stop was at Rein's Deli in Connecticut....perfect. A great Jewish deli, and I can't eat the reuben I'm dying to have. No one could tell me if the bagels had iodized salt either. The garden salad was good, but it was not easy watching Mr. Wonderful down a reuben, and his sister down a pastrami sandwich. Dinner stop was at Friendly's since it was near the hotel and 10pm...I did manage to have a grilled chicken sandwich with tomato, lettuce, onion and a side of broccoli. I didn't eat the bread, and I don't think the chicken had spices on it. The broccoli had something, but I'm not sure if it was butter. In the grand scheme of things, I think I did ok today. Not perfect, but not too bad. The Friendly's menu was actually kind of scary--not very many healthy options on there. Everything was either breaded, fried or smothered in layers of cheese.

Here's hoping tomorrow's a little better....

1 comment:

  1. I was taking porcine thyroid when my friend suggested this supplements to me. I had problems with my thyroid for a few years now. But after taking this supplement, it has really helped me a lot.

    ReplyDelete