Thursday, April 22, 2010

Last day before starting LID


It's well after 2am and I'm still up...this is ridiculous!
I did a humungous shopping order tonight at Trader Joe's in anticipation of starting the low iodine diet tomorrow...amazing how much stuff has soy, sea salt or seaweed in it. I stocked up on a number of things that people have recommended on the ThyCa forum and plan to spend most of tomorrow correcting tests and cooking so I have some meals ready to go during Hypo Hell week. I took a picture of my purchases, but I can't find the USB cord for the camera right now. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow--the entire kitchen counter was full.

In order to prep for tomorrow, my food choices today consisted of a big bowl of cereal with milk, a ruben sandwich with pickles and salty sweet potato fries (went out to lunch with my mother-in-law and Aunt L), curry noodles for dinner, and a tiny Friendly's Reeses sundae. It has a gazillion calories and tons of fat, but since I can't eat dairy for the next couple of weeks, this seemed like a good idea to me. I also plan to suck down a large glass of cold milk once I finish this--I tend to drink milk, and I think I'll miss that. However, it's for a limited time, and it will be over by the end of May. Repeat to self again. And, I can eat dark chocolate. I'll survive.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    It's Caitlin. My Mom sent me the link to your blog, and I am impressed with your strength through this ordeal - but also with your writing style! I really like your themes and how you connect and weave throughout all your posts. Now, once this is all done and you are back to "normal" you can write a book entitled "It's Raining Boots" - a survival guide for getting you through Thyroid Cancer (including Hypo Hell!).

    Please know you're in our prayers!!

    Love,
    Cait, Josh, and Reilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cait! I'm having a little bit of fun doing this, and it's helping keep me sane. Someone recommended keeping a journal, but I can type faster than I can write, so I decided to try blogging. Thanks for the prayers--they are very much appreciated! I'm off to spend my day cooking low iodine food. Breakfast was uninspiring to say the least, so I have some work to do today....

    Love,
    Chris :)

    ReplyDelete