Friday, April 16, 2010

Do you want fries with that?

Nothing like a little junk food to soothe the nerves today. Sis asked me to pick up dinner tonight and stop by to commiserate with her. Mr. Wonderful was left on his own, but that was fine. Amazing how a quarter pounder with cheese and MickeyD's fries can taste great (according to Sis as she gobbled it down). I had a burger and fries too--hell, I already have cancer despite the fact that I try to avoid eating at fast food restaurants, so why not? Misery loves company. It did taste pretty good....
Sis can get back most of the cost of her lost vacation, but eating a quarter pounder with cheese when she should have been eating something amazing in Venice? Argh!!! My heart breaks for her. I didn't have any plans for this vacation thank God, and I'm glad we went to Ireland in February instead of waiting until this break to go--we wouldn't have made it there! More about Ireland at a later date.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this latest development. I really don't get it, because we don't look to add drama to our lives. No, really, we don't. I met with my headmaster this morning to outline the plan for the radioactive iodine (No, I don't know exactly when I'll be out.), and she was astounded when I told her about the trip not happening. I guess it must look really awful to people when they feel they have to point out to me how much shit we've gone through in the past few years. I know we have, and I don't think the response, "It's life" is a good one--if it were, then I'd see more people getting slammed more often by "life". Not sure about the "bad luck" reason either--that just makes me feel like an idiot, like I'm sitting here passively. But, everyone keeps telling me how great I look--I'll take that compliment and keep on moving! :) God had better have some answers for me, because I keep coming up with new questions to ask....
Not much to report on the thyroid front again...still taking cytomel. I'm planning to do some researching this week on the low iodine diet and see what I need to buy. I think I have to start that next Thursday.
I'm tired after this week and felt it today. Since I tested the kids on Thursday, there wasn't any point in starting anything new today. Plus, I was missing about 1/3 of the kids in every class since they all went on early vacation.
Oh! Before I forget--Mr. Wonderful didn't share in our wonderful meal and probably ate cereal for dinner. I came home, and he had cleaned the kitchen, living room and dining room. Major points for that! Vacuumed too. No complaints from me!

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Wonderful is a "keeper." A great guy to have in your corner...(It's me...Mary Fahey aka Nahnee to our Reilly)

    You and Paula are a wonderful "set" of sisters...you compliment each other in so many different ways. Nice to have someone in your life that fully understands you from the word "go." Love you, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...she cooked us a delicious dinner tonight. The one lesson our parents drilled into us was that we would only have each other once they were gone, so we had better find a way to get along with each other. They were so right. We try really hard to understand each other and keep on going. I don't know what I would do without her.

    ReplyDelete