Thursday, May 6, 2010

Zzzzzzz.


What a day this was. The Mack truck plowed me over again, and I spent most of the day sprawled out either on the couch or my bed. I managed to make a loaf of banana bread, a really yummy cinnamon nut bread from the Thyca cookbook that just screams out for loads of butter and a tall glass of milk, and another batch of salsa. That should keep me munching into next week. I might freeze the cinnamon bread for later, post RAI. Or maybe just make another batch? It was easy.

I really like making bread. I think I'll take out the bread machine tomorrow and try another Thyca recipe. If I'm awake. I opened Trader Joe's unsalted crunchy peanut butter jar #3 today...

My laptop has been a help since I can mindlessly surf all sorts of stuff. Problem is, half the time I either forget what website I wanted to check out, or I forget why I went somewhere in the first place. I'd love to pull out the genealogy research and organize that, or finally finish scrapbooking my wedding pictures from, oh, 4 years ago. However, my lack of concentration might cause all sorts of problems, so I'll save it for summer when I'm supposed to be back on my feet. At least by then the brain fog should be gone.

I seem to feel a little better at night. Last night I did get a good night's sleep, so that was a huge improvement over the day before. Those little things can make you feel so happy.
Mookie fell victim to the Aquapocalypse today, so I spent part of my morning cleaning up after him. He managed to throw up in 4 of my shoes. One of his hiding places is my closet, and I guess he couldn't get out fast enough. Once he finished, O'Malley started and left his own little pile, but nowhere near my shoes. Both were zonked out all day but seem fine tonight, looking for food and attention. The Mookster is sitting regally in his place on the couch as I type, and O'Malley is rolling around on the floor. Mookie did try to warn me with a pitiful meow before he hit the shoes, but it was too late. Besides, he weighs 18 lbs, and I would not have been able to move him quickly enough. I'm assuming it is the water that made them sick.

I checked out the awareness ribbon for thryoid cancer--it's pink, teal and purple. Yup, all three colors. Who came up with the design? Most other ribbons are only one color, a few with two. I think the one I posted on the blog is just purple--some sites say purple, and I hadn't found the tricolor one yet. I saw a stat somewhere in my surfing that diagnoses of thyca in the US are up 45%???? And Rod Stewart had thyca surgery in 2000.

Time to go check out my Farmville farm....yes, I have a farm. With chickens, cows, horses and ducks. And I like to focus on growing daffodils. I like daffodils. They are my favorite. Brain fog is creeping in again....

1 comment:

  1. Hello Christine,
    Your blog is filled with courage, humor, and incredible insight. God Bless all of you.

    Carol S

    ReplyDelete