Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Good news/bad news....

Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!

Call from Dr. N at 9:45 pm with bloodwork results!

Good news, excellent news actually: my thyroglobulin is UNDETECTABLE! This is basically the marker for the presence of cancer. Right now, my blood levels are showing that there is none. She said that the number could actually rise since there is no hormone suppressing the cancer cells, but when she said, "That made me very happy to see that at this point.", that made me very happy to hear it. She said that it is usually higher right after surgery, and it was fantastic that mine is (say it again) UNDETECTABLE.

Bad news: My TSH is at (drumroll please....) 6.4. That is six point four. I have to get to forty for the RAI. Sigh.

I have to have bloodwork done again on Saturday, and I might get to 20 by then. She said that most people hit a wall once the TSH gets to 20 or higher. I said that I had been feeling weird but ok, and she said that it will slam me all of a sudden and I will basically collapse. So I have underestimated my hypo hell so far. Damn. And, I have to stay on the LID...guess I should cook and freeze some more?

ALL I WANT IS A LARGE COLD GLASS OF MILK, AND I HANKER FOR A HUNK OF CHEESE.

That's my rant for now.

I'd rather yell UNDETECTABLE!!!!!!
Finally, a little bit of good news. And I love Dr. N for calling with the results so late--she's amazing.

Buenas noches!


No comments:

Post a Comment