Monday, May 3, 2010

Hypo Hell it is then.


Yaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn.

I kind of feel like this. Except I can't fall asleep. I stopped the cytomel after Friday, and spent all day yesterday sleeping. Today I think it took me three hours to fully wake up--I didn't even hear Mr. Wonderful move this am, and I'm not sure if I sent him off to work with my usual kiss....he said he called my name a couple of times, zero response. I've eaten, read the paper, played Scramble on Facebook, gotten the mail and surfed the web a little, and had to lie down in between.

Oh boy.

The fatigue is seeping in, and I've almost started to feel off-kilter emotionally. Not quite, but a little close to crying for no reason last night. I am definitely dropping things more than usual, and I can't seem to remember stupid things, like why I opened a certain kitchen cabinet.

Things I know I can look forward to in the next few days....

Symptoms of Hypothyroidism (from Endocrineweb.com)

  • Fatigue (check!!)
  • Weakness (I just thought I was clumsy.)
  • Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight ( I know it's coming, so I'm happy I dropped 5 lbs on cytomel)
  • Coarse, dry hair (check!!)
  • Dry, rough pale skin (check!)
  • Hair loss (ongoing, never goes away for me)
  • Cold intolerance (you can't tolerate cold temperatures like those around you)
  • Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches (starting....)
  • Constipation (great.)
  • Depression (no, the sun is still shining.)
  • Irritability (I think this is definitely starting, or just getting worse than usual!)
  • Memory loss (Huh?)
  • Abnormal menstrual cycles (great.)
  • Decreased libido (hope I don't get this one)

School would not be a good place for me to be right now!


Mr. Wonderful went out of his way today to pick up a bunch of cilantro so I can make some fresh salsa to go with my saltless corn chips--he didn't even know what it was! The salsa is mixing in the fridge as I type.

He also picked up some bottled water since he was in a town that is not under the boil water order. Things have been nuts around here with people fighting over water supplies in local supermarkets--I didn't even try to brave the crowds. We've been boiling a huge pot of water and then have used that for everything. The dishwasher has a high heat sanitizing rinse on it, and we added some bleach, so we should be ok. Officials are saying that we should have clean water in the next 24-48 hours. Makes you realize how much we take clean water for granted; scary to think that some countries live like this all the time, and we've got people fighting over Poland Spring.


Off to eat my salsa with some chips, and maybe some chicken. Then back to sleep for a while.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine...
    Love the pic of the kitty.

    Quite a list of things to look forward to and/or guard against. Bah humbug!

    Okay no. 1...you're allowed to be an irritable as you want to be! Remember that!

    Okay no. 2...olive oil for the hair...really does help get the shine back...or mayonnaise. Jack's old girlfriend Carrie swore by this. Worth a try.

    Okay no. 3...get some of that Jergen's new face lotion that has a hint of color. My hairdresser says it works!

    Okay no. 4...Colleen's pediatrician recommended real peach juice to help Ryan get things going. And it worked. I've tried it and it worked...that plus prunes. And what does Mr. F. say, "Eat bran! Works wonders." Can't you just hear him saying it? LOL

    Okay no. 5...Bottom line...just do whatever it takes to take care of your self! Period.

    Hi to Mr. Wonderful (I love that.)
    Love to you,
    Mrs. F.

    PS No results yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have inherited my hypothyroidism from my parents but luckily i have been taking desiccated porcine tablets which kept my condition under control

    ReplyDelete