Friday, May 28, 2010

What a difference a day makes....

Yesterday.  Honey, want to get something for dinner?  Do I want to go out? No, would you go out and pick something up?  Yes, I should have called you on the way home, but I couldn't peel my sorry behind off the big chair to get the phone.  I know I didn't get up til 11am, but I'm really really really tired.  I took a shower and had to take a nap afterwards.  I took all my meds, and nothing seems to be happening.  Can I have some cheese with my whine too?  Did I do any laundry?  Oops, no, and no, I don't know if you have a clean red shirt for "Wear red for the troops Friday".   Huh?  What did you say?  I think I missed that one.


Today. Yes, wide awake and pretty damn energetic.  Got up at 10 or so (have to work on getting up earlier, I know), took my cytomel and levoxyl and did not have my usual 3pm crash!!   No nap today!!  I actually pulled out my summer clothes and am very happy to say that the vast majority of them fit!  They still fit!!  My weight did not go up a pound this morning either like it has been doing every day this week.  I bagged a donation bag and started rounding up the wool that needs to be prepped for summer and put away.  I even put away all the winter flannels and heavy sweaters.  I washed one of the down comforters that was exposed to radioactivity and still have to see if the king-sized one will fit in the machine.  I jazzed up a frozen LID leftover meal with some cheese and cleaned up the kitchen a bit.  I didn't even take an afternoon dose of cytomel either--am I turning the corner out of Hypo Hell and headed back down the road into the real world?  I don't want to jinx myself, but here's hoping...not a bad day overall, and 1000% better than yesterday.

Given my current state, I'd say I'm good to go for tomorrow's Red Sox game!  I got tix thru school in honor of our 375th celebration--the faculty gets to sit in the right bleachers.  I'm not sure how to interpret that, but whatever.  I got 4 tickets a few months ago, figuring it would be something different to do--I think the last time I went to a Red Sox game was in 1992.  So I'm dragging Mr. Wonderful, Sis and Sis-in-law with me for a night of fun.  Hopefully the Sox will win--they're playing Kansas City.  I'm just hoping it doesn't rain.  It will be strange too, since I haven't been in school for almost a month and have only been in touch with a few people.

Today was the seniors' last day, and I was kind of upset that I couldn't be there to officially say goodbye.  Half my AP class were seniors, and my other classes probably had another 10 or 15 combined.  Maybe I'll send them short notes or something.  I'll see some of them at graduation, but it's different to be there to mark the last day.  I had some really cool kids this year too, and some of them had been with me for three or four years.  The junior prom is tonight, and at the beginning of the year I thought I would stop in for a couple of hours since I have so many juniors this year.  It's nice to see them dressed up.  I hope everyone has a fun and safe night with no problems....

On that note, I'm planning as of now to go back to work on Tuesday.  I have no idea what we're going to get done to salvage the marking term, but I'll come up with something.  I was checking the Thyca boards to see when most people returned to work post RAI,  and I'm right on track.  There's not much time left, and my final exam is June 16th.  We're out the 28th.

Two girls sent me a really cute get well card today and assured me that they weren't "stocking" me by mailing it to my house.  It was cute, but "stocking"?  Only the best and the brightest....

Only other weird thing today was a strange, almost metallic taste in my mouth.  Not sure if it's my taste buds, because my sense of taste seems a little off.  I've been massaging my salivary glands and paying attention to my fluid intake, swishing with baking soda (ick) and sucking on sour candies every now and then, so I don't know if this is new or a holdover from last week.  Some people reported not having any real issues until a week post RAI.  Great.  That's where I'm at.  Things just don't taste quite right...we'll have to see where it's at tomorrow.

Off to wash the kitchen floor since I'm still feeling slightly energetic.  I am going to try to get to bed at a reasonable time.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment