Monday, May 31, 2010

I'm shippin' up to Boston with Tessie and Sweet Caroline


So good....so good....so good!

I did make it to last night's Red Sox game against Kansas City and the Sox won, 1-0.  The seats weren't bad way out in the right bleachers, but we were kind of under the giant replay screen and right in front of the speakers, so we can't say we really missed anything.  I love watching Big Papi.

We were seated in the triangle section between the Hess sign and the Dunkin Donuts sign, about halfway down.  

I was a little worried since the night before was one of my "didn't fall asleep til 4am" nights, but I managed to get in a quick nap before we headed for Fenway.

Sis showed up at 4 since we planned to park at school and walk around to find something to eat.  The weathermen had predicted afternoon showers, and sure enough the clouds started rolling in around 3.  By the time my sister got to my house, the heavens opened and there was thunder and lightning.  Really?  I haven't been to a Sox game in years, I finally get tickets, and there's a @#$%^  thunderstorm?  Seriously--I am starting to wonder about a curse.  Sis-in-law came too all decked out in a great Sox shirt. I think I need to do some shopping for Red Sox regalia just in case we go again sometime.

We headed into town anyway, and thank God the rain stopped by 5pm, the sun appeared and the blue sky came back.  The rain stayed away the rest of the night, and it turned out to be a beautiful evening.  It was nice to see people from school!  I didn't really have a chance to talk, but I'll catch up next week.  We had beer and Fenway Franks, and both were positively delicious.  The game was pretty good and the crowd in the bleachers was pretty entertaining.  Buccholz was the starting pitcher and Papelbon was the closer.

Hot dogs heah! 

We stayed for the whole game and then walked back to school.  We stopped at Burger King both to use the bathroom and get something to munch on while waiting for the traffic to ease up.  While we were sitting there munching, I hear, "Hi Mrs. Kelley.  When are you coming back?"  It was one of my kids from one of my Spanish 4 classes--he was so sweet!  He told me that the sub was "losing it"  (not sure what that means) and that they missed me and wanted me back.  I told him I'd be back on Tuesday and he broke out in a huge smile.  He was there with a student I had last year.  It was great to see them both, and it makes me look forward to going back.

I had a great time--it felt so good to be out in the real world again!  It's been a long few months here, and especially this past month, cooped up in the house most of the time.

Best t-shirt of the night:  Red Sox in Irish 


Happy fans...I'm the one on the left with the puffy face.  

Smile, you're at Fenway!  


Next idea for summer:  minor league games!

No comments:

Post a Comment