Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Got sleep?

Today was a wash. I didn't sleep last night really, up every hour, tossing and turning. I tried plugging in to the iPod to drown out Mr. Wonderful's sound effects (good God he cut down an entire forest), but nothing worked. I finally got up around 10, and if felt like it took me two hours just to get moving. I finally took a shower around 2, and then collapsed back into bed. Didn't wake up til the phone rang at 5, and then it took me another hour to get moving. Problem with this is that you never feel like you've slept when you wake up.

I had some LID food ready to go for dinner--mini meatloaf from the Thyca cookbook. I actually like that one...cooked up some veggies and it was pretty satisfying. I need to make some bread too since I'm almost out. I killed off the yummy salsa too between last night's dinner and munching on salt-free tortilla chips. Have to make some more since I still have cilantro left. I hope I can catch some energy that will let me measure stuff correctly, or close enough to correct so things taste ok! But then again, if I'm that exhausted, I won't care what it tastes like. How unfair is it that I'm going to regain the weight I dropped from the cytomel from food that I can't even enjoy! Figures.

LID notes: thank God for Trader Joe's unsalted crunchy peanut butter. I put that *&^% on everything. Also, Thyca cookbook recipes for mini meatloaf, salsa fresca, oriental chicken (pork, but I adapted), vinagrettes, black bean soup....guess I'll have time to try out some other stuff...

I checked in with Dr. N today--turns out I'll get my bloodwork done on Friday or Saturday, and the the RAI might not happen til the end of next week. Another full week of this?? RAI date depends on my TSH level, and since I'm extremely sensitive to the meds, the level is probably not as high as I feel like it is. So far the exhaustion seems to come in waves that are lasting longer and longer accompanied by massive headaches that come and go. I'm also starting to bathe in moisturizer, and I could probably fashion a beautiful wig by the end of the month with all the hair that is coming out. And another week and a half without dairy? I'm missing my milk and cheese and yogurt! However, I can survive with dark chocolate bars and hazelnuts.

I'm not complaining, really. Just documenting, because I also can't remember things....

On a side note, poor O'Malley (the other black cat) fell victim yesterday to the Aquapocalypse--he ended up with some gastrointestinal distress and was not a happy camper. I think I forgot to put down the toilet seats and he must have helped himself, ignoring the boiled water in his bowl. He seems fine today, but given his tendency to sleep or snuggle with his ass in your face, it wasn't overly pleasant last night until I could reposition him. Maybe that added to my insomnia? Mookie seems to be ok.

I watched "Lost" last night, and have absolutely no clue as to what is going on. I usually don't watch much tv beyond the local and national news, so missing all 6 seasons hasn't helped my comprehension.

Right now I have "Modern Family" on--one of the only shows that can make me laugh out loud. "Yes, I'm Manny Delgado just trying to bring fashion back to travel." Mr. Wonderful wanted to watch a special on PBS about Japanese attack subs--luckily it was only on for an hour.

On a happy note, I got some emails from my darlings who took the AP Spanish Language test today, and they were pretty happy. They said that the topics they had to address were manageable to the point of almost easy, and that they felt pretty good about it. Whew! I hope the kids who struggled all year felt that they could handle it. It's not an easy test.

Off to try to sleep a little and see what tomorrow has to offer. Somewhere in this mess I have to figure out my grades for term 4....


No comments:

Post a Comment