Friday, August 20, 2010

Undetectable!!




Thank you St. Peregrine!  Enjoy the rest of your summer and take a break! 

Amazing--Dr. N is on vacation and I get the results the next day.  TSH is at 0.15, putting me solidly in the hyperactive zone.  Thyroglobulin is negative, or undetectable.  So no cancer lurking in there at the moment!  I didn't get to talk to Dr. N, and the person who called me with the results didn't seem too thrilled with my questions.  However, she was much nicer than receptionist lady.  I need to come up with a name for that one.

Funny thing is over the years I've always felt pretty good once I slipped into the hyper zone, and Dr. N would sigh and tell me I was one of her few "strange" patients who reported feeling good there. I'd beg her to stay there, and she'd go down the laundry list of reasons why I couldn't.  I can't remember the list, but the reasons weren't good--heart stuff I think.  I guess it's a fine line between suppression and hyperness, and I hope I don't cross over the line too much more.  They want to keep the TSH between .01 and .02 to suppress the cancer since it can thrive on higher TSH levels.

Levoxyl dose will stay at .125  for now.  Seems odd to me that it's the same dose I was on pre-surgery, and that I don't need more hormone now that the thyroid is gone.  That makes me wonder if my thyroid was functioning at all in the year leading up to the TT.  Other people on the Thyca forums report being on double and triple my dose.

I don't care what I'm taking as long as the word "undetectable" keeps coming up.
Today is a good day!  Do I dare say that I'm starting to feel normal again?

No comments:

Post a Comment