Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hey St. Peregrine....

Back at home today for another round of bloodwork--TSH and Thyroglobulin check.  I've already had a chat with St. Peregrine, telling him that it would be great to hear the word "undetectable" again.  He's doing well and it seems like he's having a pretty good summer.


Gives you something to think about, no?


I called Dr. N's office to let them know that I would be waiting for labs, and it turns out she's on vacation until the first week of September.  I love Dr. N, but the main person answering her phones can be soooo bitchy.  Even when I try to be really nice, she's snippy.  I'm all for forgiving for a bad day, but this poor woman is this way every time I call.  She's not much better in person.  I wonder if doctors really understand what the front office staff are like?   I was informed that I might hear from her before September since she's checking things and "might" call me, but she might not.

I'm feeling pretty close to normal this week in terms of being tired or not.  Still having trouble remembering things at various times, or keeping up with conversation topics (that can be so embarrassing).  Been living off of a huge variety of Moulton's produce--tried Kohlrabi for the first time, and I liked it!  It looks like something you'd find in outer space.  I ate it raw and haven't tried to cook it yet.  Sis' garden is still there and I don't think I killed anything.  In fact I've eaten a head of broccoli, three cucumbers and two jalapeno peppers.  Yum.

Now I just have to add physical activity to my routine.

Other than that, my time in the 603 was pretty good.  Mookie is turning into a bigger lovebug than I thought he would be, and he's so damn cute.  O'Malley is fine, and Clancy is, well, Clancy.  He growled and hissed at me all morning, tried to snuggle and then started growling again.  I also spent some bittersweet time with some of mom's friends.  Bittersweet because it was great to catch up with these "extra mothers" in my life, but my mom wasn't there with us, and she should have been there.  So frustrating and an excruciating reminder of her absence.  We swapped some good stories, so there was some laughter in there.

Sis is bombing her way thru Maine tonight and should be home tonight.  I had a weird suspicion that she'd she'd be back today.  Clancy will be happy to see her.  I hope he doesn't growl at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment