Saturday, August 7, 2010

Blecch.


Today's "Get Fuzzy" strip seemed perfect for how my brain has been functioning lately.  I'm Satchel.  Everybody else is Bucky the cat.   

Yesterday I felt like I was in a fog most of the day.  Then the sore throat struck in the afternoon.  I think it's just a run-of-the-mill sore throat with a headache, summer  cold and some congestion, but you'd be amazed at how the onset of the scratchiness made me start checking my neck for lumps and bumps.  So far I haven't found any enlarged lymph nodes and I hope none of them start to pop because that would just freak me out.  I'm trying to convince myself that the sore throat has absolutely nothing to do with thcya since this is the first time I've felt crappy due to something that is non-cancer related.  I've read that you can have an exhausted immune system for months after all of this, so maybe I've just picked up a bug.  So depressing to realize that I will probably  spend the rest of my life checking for lumps and bumps.  Can you say anxiety-provoking?  

I'm not whining about this.  I just don't feel good.  And I'm getting really tired of not feeling good.  I keep telling myself that it's going to get better, but today it's harder to hear it.  I'll go drink some more hot water with honey and lemon...it does help.  

I've had a few days of feeling close to normal and want that back.  

One more thing--I had my hair colored a couple of days ago, and this time my head started flaming as soon as she put the chemicals on my scalp.  Not as bad as last time, but it was quicker.  I checked the Thyca forum for any discussions about hair coloring, and there is whole separate folder of stories devoted to the subject!  Who knew....apparently coloring your hair while hypo can lead to very unpredictable results--hair can get frizzy, won't take up color....no one mentioned burning, but I guess anything is possible.  However, I'm not really hypo right now.  My scalp seems drier lately (aren't you glad you know that? ), so I'll have to add that to my list of questions for the endo when I get my next blood draw the week of the 18th.  My hair took up the color, which is good because it's soooooo gray.  And I'm not ready to go gray.  Mr. Wonderful is a gray/white, but men look distinguished.  And he's older than I am, so it's ok for him.  Not for me.  Good God I'd look awful at 41 with all white hair!  I can tolerate some burning I guess....I really don't want to think about what the chemicals are doing, and since I've already had cancer, what difference does it make? (I'm saying this laughing).  

On a happier note, I finished my cross stitch piece about old books!  All done, washed and ready for framing. Mr. Wonderful said it was "nice", which is good because it is referring to his old books.   I've started working on a heart design for Sis and the NH house.  And I ordered a bunch of stuff online since I can't do my annual pilgrimage to my favorite store anymore.  So frustrating to look at something on the screen but not be able to see if it would be doable.  Can't wait for the package to arrive.  

Sis is getting a ton of stuff from the garden--she actually got a potato!  Somewhere an Irish ancestor is smiling.  

Maybe I'll go take a nap.  



No comments:

Post a Comment