Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back in the 603


I'm back up north!  Not doing much except updating my lovely blog and snuggling with O'Malley. He's curled up next to me, snoring and making funny noises.  Clancy has already hissed at me once, and Mookie is in exile.  I think he's under the bed somewhere.

And I don't have much to update from the past week, other than more health complaints about my apparently lazy-ass immune system.  I should not have a cold in August, and don't tell me it's allergies.  Unless you can suddenly out of nowhere develop allergies at 41?  I've been taking vitamins and really trying to eat good stuff to get my immune system back up to snuff, but guess that's not quite good enough.  Ugh.

Bloodwork the week of the 18th.

Interesting tidbit from Thyca forum:  I started taking Tums Ultra for extra calcium after my weird weekend, and suddenly developed the hungry horrors.  And I mean hungry--one hour after eating I'd be absolutely starving again.  This went on for a couple of days, and I was starting to panic about eating extra calories that wouldn't go anywhere but to my waistline due to lack of a well-functioning metabolism.  Turns out that a couple of people posted about experiencing the same thing when they started taking Tums as a calcium supplement.  So I am not crazy.  I will have to explore other options though, or just drink more milk since I can't afford to have an overstimulated appetite. My weight is holding steady for some strange reason--hasn't taken off in an upward trajectory like I thought it would.  Having said that, I'm still not happy where I've ended up after all these years of infertility treatment, overwhelming stress, recovery from surgery and now being thyroidless.  I'm working on it, but certainly don't need to add something like Tums that will add more.  Where else can you get extra calcium from?  Answer at 11.

Highlight of the week was hitting the clearance racks at Marshall's and TJ Maxx.  There's some good stuff in there if you take the time!  And of course spending time with Mr. Wonderful.  He's supposed to come up tomorrow, hopefully in the afternoon if he can get out of work early.  He's been coming home around 7pm every night, so he's putting in some long days.  Summer is flying by, so it would be nice to get him to relax a little.

Sis is up in PEI camping for a week--hope she has good weather!  It's all about Anne of Green Gables this trip.  I still haven't watched/read it.  Scary thing is she's left me in charge of the garden--lots of stuff I'll have to pick!  Tons of broccoli coming up, and I can see peppers and cukes a-poppin'.  I hope I don't kill the stuff by mistake....she left me instructions, and I think I can follow them.  Soon I'll be singing, "She's choppin' broccoli..."

No comments:

Post a Comment