Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ow!

Long week already!  I actually think I fell asleep this afternoon while sitting at my desk trying to plow through the massive pile of essays on my desk.  I seem to be able to get through the day fine, and then every other day, crash by dinner time.  Today, I got some help from my favorite friend, DD. Iced hazelnut with cream--as a result, I'm a little wired at 10:07pm.  Dumb move, but it got me through the rest of the afternoon.

Highlight of the day was my hair appointment--cut and color every 6-8 weeks or so.  Last time I went, I was scared by how puffy I looked.  That has improved.  A little.  Tracy, my wonderful hair stylist/therapist, did her usual thing (no big changes needed at the moment).  She put the color in, made me look horrendous, put a plastic bag on my hair (not over my head!) and put me under the hair dryer.  I pulled out my pile of essays and got to work thanks to the coffee.  Within minutes, I felt like this:
AAAAGGGGHHHH!  I yelled over to Tracy who told me to quickly get my head out from under the hood...she told me not to go back under and hope that the gray would still take up the color....I sat for a little bit longer than I would have had I been under the heat.  Seems to be ok at the moment, but my head burned for about another hour--felt like I had a sunburn on my scalp.  I wonder if the RAI has anything to do with this?  I've never had that kind of a reaction before.  Funny thing though--when I sat down and Tracy touched my face, she told me I was really hot.  Strange since I had been sipping on iced coffee and had the air conditioning on in the car just before I went in.  I didn't feel any hot flashes....my system is so out of whack!  Mr. Wonderful thinks I should just let myself go gray since it would be more "natural".  Hellooooo--not feeling old enough to do that!!  Gray on a guy tends to look "distinguished".  Right now, on me, it would look like "frumpy schoolmarm".  Don't ever plan to go there thank you!

Breakfast with the AP kids tomorrow--tortilla espanola!  I got some chorizo, cheese and Maria cookies.  Hopefully someone else will bring donuts.  One of the kids who went to Spain last year asked me today if I knew  how to make a tortilla, and I stupidly said "Sí."  Then he asked if I would make one....so I did.
Mmmmmmm...of course once I told Sis that I was making one, she wanted to know if made her one too.  Turns out that I have enough to make another one later this week in case she's reading this!  

We are pretty much done for the year.  All I have to do (ha!) is finish the massive pile of essays.  I'd love to have them done and have my grades done for the weekend....one can hope.  

Off to bed if the caffeine will let me sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment