Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm (not) leavin' on a jet plane....



Fun:  being stuck at the Philly airport at 11pm waiting for a flight that is delayed an hour.  We should have left 45 minutes ago.  However, our plane is not here.  To quote the gate guy, "It's a weather situation."  There were thunderstorms here this afternoon, and I assume the East coast is messed up.
I drank a cup of coffee, so I'll be up til 3am or so.  Sigh.
We came to PA for the weekend for my brother-in-law's 50th birthday party and had a great time.  Good food and conversation, and the weather held up pretty well. Sis-in-law seems to have survived what she calls "TMF", or "Too much family time".  It's a family joke since at some point someone is being made fun of for various reasons.  Mother-in-law was happy to have all her chicks under one roof.
We had a good flight down, so I guess we're paying for it now on the return.
Can you explain to me why you have to pay $25 to check your bag at the check-in, but if you hold on to it until the gate and can't cram it on, you don't have to pay?  And you get the benefit of picking it up at the jetway?  That's not very fair, is it?
So we're waiting.
At least the Celtics won.
Finally boarding.  Flight is full.

UPDATE: Flight finally took off around 12:30am.  We managed to get home, as in in the condo, around 2:30.  After giving necessary attention to O'Malley and Mookie and figuring out what to wear for the later on, fell into bed around 3am.  *&^%$ alarm went off at 5:30, and here I am, back in school.  I'm so tired that everything hurts.  This will be a multiple cup of coffee day, especially since graduation is at 5pm.
Oh--the roof of my mouth is sore, and my nose is still killing me. Can I say freak show?  Add that to my lovely glasses I have to wear this morning since my eyes are too dry from lack of sleep to wear contacts, and I must look wonderful.   RAI, the gift that keeps on giving.  Shoot me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment