Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Where is my mind?

Maybe I left it in Turks and Caicos?

No, it was absent prior to the trip.  How else can I explain the terminal E/B confusion?

I'm on a brain fritz again.  Right now I am unable to find my datebook.  I think I saw it last week, but I can't remember where.  For some reason, I stopped writing my daily to-do lists.  I can survive for a few days without the lists, but if I go too long, I'm overwhelmed.

Right now, I've managed to overwhelm myself.

I thought I had a hair appointment today at 5pm.  I'm pretty sure I wrote it in my large datebook that stays on the kitchen counter so Mr. Wonderful can figure out what is going on.  I went to the salon, and no one was there.  I waited for half an hour and then gave up.  I did use the time to make a grocery list so I wouldn't be lost at the giant Market Basket.  Somehow I still managed to forget the sour cream.

Anyway, that's my tale of woe today.  I wonder when I was supposed to get my hair cut?  Sometimes I wonder if I put so much effort into keeping it all together at school that I'm too worn out to keep it up at home.  Sigh.
What drives me nuts about these memory issues is how they come and go...the inconsistency just messes with my head and complicates things unnecessarily!  Groan....


Update:  Ha!!  I am not losing my mind.  Well, not completely.  I located my datebook under a pile of stuff still not put away from the TCI trip.  Unfortunately I hadn't written anything down in it about my hair appointment.  I called the salon, and it turns out my appointment was moved to tomorrow night at 5:30 because of a conflict the hairdresser had.  Now I can't remember if she ever called to change it...
At least I'll have the gray covered tomorrow and won't look too freaky for Easter.  
Whew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment