Sunday, April 22, 2012

Meet my new friend, Wii.

Part of my vacation was to finally play around with the Wii console I bought, oh, almost two years ago....we set it up after Easter dinner, but this is the first time I've made time to do some exploring.
I'm hooked.
Me, anti-exercise girl.  I was actually looking forward to using the damn thing today.
And I clocked in 1 hour and 37 minutes of aerobic activity!!  I have the Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports and Wii Resort.
So far I've used the Fit Plus and Resort the most.
I went cycling, did a lot of stepping without falling completely off the balance board, did some super hula hooping--don't laugh, it really makes you sweat if you keep going--did some rhythmic boxing, some running in place....and some canoeing.  I can definitely feel it and I certainly worked up a sweat.
I'd love to try to use it during the week, even if it's just a half hour.
So far I can only handle the beginner boxing thing--the advanced got too confusing!  And I couldn't keep up, so I'll just keep repeating the beginner stuff for a while.

And while the canoeing may not seem too exciting, it got my upper body moving in a way that hurt for days...it's getting easier and less painful.
I have consistently failed anything related to balance, so it's pretty funny to watch my little Mii weaving all over the place.  I have gone off a few cliffs....
There's still way more to explore, but it's interesting.
After doing some research about statins, CRP and diet, I guess I just have to suck it up and really police myself.  I don't want to take any more drugs if I really don't have to, and if I can get this stuff under control with consistent exercise and diet, then I'm really going to have to get serious about it.  I know I've probably said something like that repeatedly over the course of this blog, so at what point do I buckle down and stick to it?
Here's to attempt 3,562....

No comments:

Post a Comment