Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Whew. Cough cough?

Grades are done for term 1 and turned in! 

18 college rec letters are done and mailed by November 1st deadline!

Insert happy dance here.  Wait.  Too tired to dance.  Insert smiley face with eyes barely open here. 

Whew. 

So term two started Monday, and I already have 80 Spanish 4 quizzes and about 150 short essays to read....it never ends.

And, my chest thingy came back today!  I spent the day feeling more and more congested while constantly coughing into my elbow and scarf, so I went back to the dr. and saw a different physician's assistant.  She said I still have the antibitoic in my system, and this is something unrelated to last week's performance.  What??  She confirmed my low-functioning immune system due to radiation theory, and then asked if I wanted both a flu shot and a vaccine for whooping cough.  Did she not hear my low-functioning immune system theory?  I begged off on those since I already felt pretty crappy.  I'll follow up with Dr. N and ask her. 
So, I have to let this one play out.  No fever, lungs sounded fine and oxygen was fine. 
Last night Mr. Wonderful and I found a new Mexican restaurant, and during dinner I started getting this odd fluttering in the middle of my chest.  I had it once before, and figured it was palpitations from the thyroid hormone.  I thought it might be the chile relleno I ate, but most likely not.  It's such a bizarre sensation!  It continued until I fell asleep and hasn't come back.  I wonder if it was this viral thing setting up housekeeping in my lungs.  Today my chest just feels heavy. 

Did I mention that we literally have zero heat in the building and last night was the first hard frost we've had?  There was ice on my car windows that had to be scraped.  It's freakin' freezing out there, and we have no heat.  I wore a long sleeved t-shirt, a heavy cotton sweater, my big pink fleecy thing that is about 3 inches thick, and a huge scarf around my neck.  I had on heavy winter pants, heavy socks and really unattractive Bjorn loafer-like comfy shoes.  There were kids sitting in front of me shivering in tee shirts.  I have to figure out what layers to wear tomorrow...
I really like this cartoon and felt the need to put it in here again. 

I'm going to bed now.  I'm tired and cranky due to being scrunched up all day trying to keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment