Saturday, September 11, 2010

¡Es mi cumple!


Today is September 11th, and I turned 42 at 3:17pm.
Funny, but I don't feel like I'm that old.
I'm no longer sure of how to take the good wishes that say, "Hope you have a great year!", or "Hope this year is wonderful!" and all those sorts of comments.
People said them last year, and look at what happened.

So I spent the morning sleeping in.  Mr. Wonderful had to work. And I did some laundry.   And cleaned up a little.  Sis came around 4, and Sis-in-law came just before 5 so we could all trek across the city to my favorite tapas restaurant where we munched on yummy tapas washed down with two jarras of sangria.  Needless to say I didn't drive home.

Sis made a divine cake-from-scratch with raspberry filling and buttercream frosting.  So good that mere words can't describe the deliciousness of it all.  It was that good.

Best presents:  facial and massage from Sis (ooh!) and an iTunes card, and a night in October to have dinner and go see "Wicked".  Yay! I also got the soundtrack so I can learn all the songs before we go.  Sis-in-law also gave me two pairs of great dangly earrings that will go with lots of stuff and a really cool teeny bowl to put them in.  Mr. Wonderful gave me a great card about shoes and then told me I can go pick out some jewelry.  How far should I go on that offer?

Thoughts and prayers too for all those lost on 9/11/01.....

No comments:

Post a Comment