Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1 day down, 184 to go

Back to work today with kids....and I'm still standing!  Maybe being hyperactive will be a bonus?

Everyone came back today, and a lot of my kids from last year came by my room to ask how I was feeling and how my summer was--it was so sweet.

The day was a little chaotic but normal.  I don't want to take this as a bad omen, but a massive thunder storm exploded just as the kids were coming in the building--some were completely drenched.  Loud thunder, black skies and vivid lightning just as we're getting started?  The storm passed, it got muggy and the building felt like it was sopping wet.  I haven't gotten home before 6pm and hope that evens out a bit more in the next few weeks.  I'm sore from being on my feet all days for the last two days, which doesn't sound like much, but after a summer of being a giant vegetable, there's some pain there!  So why not push it more and go for a walk?   I did manage to get out for a walk with Mr. Wonderful when I got home.  I think I've gone walking 3 out of the last 5 days.  It's a start.

Two classes are at capacity with 31, and the others seem pretty small to me with 23, 25 and 27.  Homeroom has 30, studies have 32.  I'll figure out all their names by, oh, March maybe? I hate to admit that I can't even remember the names of the kids I said goodbye to two months ago.  I can blame that on the thyroid, right?

I'm thinking the iced small hazelnut Starbucks coffee might have something to do with getting through this week.

Off to bed, hoping I can keep getting up on time--two consecutive days so far of getting to school early!
Mr. Wonderful bets I can't keep it up, and past precedent will probably prove him right.  Again, maybe the hyperness will hlep!

Eek--forgot to take my calcium and vitamin with dinner....

No comments:

Post a Comment