Monday, July 26, 2010

Self portrait


Summer road trippin' thru Vermont....

Since my photo from Ireland did so well in the boston.com/raw contest, I figured I'd enter one for July.  The theme is self-portraits, and the rules state that some appropriate body part has to be in the shot.  I don't need my big nose or puffy face in there, so I thought I'd play with the mirrors on the car.  A few other people had similar ideas from what I could see in the galleries, but I didn't put my face in.  Artsy fartsy, no?  Figured I have nothing to lose except a little dignity...Mr. Wonderful thought I was insane trying to line some shots up without dropping the camera out the window at 55 mph.  I took this a couple of weeks ago as we roamed the main roads and back streets of Vermont.  

Other than playing with my photos, I've been sleeping a lot.  Like until noon most days.  I'm trying really hard to go to bed even when I feel wired, but last night stayed awake lying in bed plugged in to my iPod til 2:50am.  I woke up at 9:30 with a snuggly O'Malley and promptly fell back to sleep until 11:45.  Don't feel too draggy though, so maybe things are getting better?  Thank God it's summer and I don't have to face my hordes of teenagers more sleep deprived than I normally am.  

I'm in NH at the summer compound, hanging out with Sis and the cats  for a few days.  Mr. Wonderful has to work, poor thing.  Humidity finally broke yesterday--today is full of blue skies, crisp cool air and no mugginess.  Heaven!  We have been making our daily raiding runs to Moulton's for freshly picked corn and assorted veggies.  And to the dump, where you need to have at least a PhD if you want to have any chance of properly disposing of all your garbage in the correct locations on one pass through the facility.  

Off to shuck some corn--dinner is corn with pesto chicken.  The pesto is coming directly from Sis' garden and her gigantic basil plants.  


No comments:

Post a Comment