Friday, July 23, 2010

Roller coaster ridin'

It's after midnight, and once again I'm awake.  Mr. Wonderful has been snoring for the past hour and a half, and I'm still up.  Ok, maybe I'm still up because he's still snoring....I actually was able to record him on my iPod one night and got a good 45 seconds of his sonorous soundings that kept intensifying in decibel level.  I played them in the car last weekend as we were on our way to Vermont, and he was in tears laughing at each increasingly loud snore that rumbled out of the stereo system in our Pilot.  I still think he was in denial that those God-awful noises came from him, even though I had played them once before.
I felt great yesterday!  Most of the week has been pretty good, and kind of felt like this:

"Hello my honey, hello my baby, hello my ragtime gaaaaal...." 

Been trying to avoid pm caffeine, and some days I was able to not drink any.  Yesterday included.  
Yesterday I was the Tasmanian Devil--I cleaned out my bedroom closet and drawers along with the linen closet and part of the huge storage closet.  In between I whipped up a chicken salad, emptied and refilled the dishwasher, folded a  couple of loads of laundry, filled one large garbage bag with clothes for donation and one with stuff to be thrown out.  Also had a two hour phone conversation with R in NH--we tried to figure out how to solve most of the world's problems, but didn't get too far.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my wedding dress, but that will have to wait til later.  I sorted towels, sheets, blankets, comforters--all sorts of stuff!  I literally zinged from one part of the house to the other.

What can I organize next??  
It was a good feeling, but I was very aware of the very energized feeling that was pushing me along.  Sis stopped by for some of the chicken salad, and I said that I was worried what tomorrow would bring.  Mr. Wonderful was happy to hear that I had culled the shoe collection (ha ha--that means there is now room in the closet for new shoes!)  and weeded out some of my clothes (has he looked in his closet lately??)

I should have known--me today.  

I went to bed a reasonable time, slept through the night (no snoring) and was even conscious when Mr. W got up for work.  I turned on "Matty in the Morning" and figured I'd get up in another hour or so.  Imagine my surprise when I woke up and the clock read 11:28 am.  WTF.  Then it took me until about 2pm before I felt  together enough to go drop off the bag of clothing gathered the day before.  I've been off-kilter all day.  And I still have some stuff left over to put away that didn't have an obvious home.  However, I managed to clean out the kitchen cabinets (most of them) and reorganize part of the big giant storage closet.  I also did a little shopping for the NH house and of course found a couple of cute tops on sale, so I had to pick them up.  There is a little more space in the closet you know....

I realize that the last few weeks have been a chronicle of my messed-up sleep cycle. I'm hoping that it will change soon.  The lack of school routine is probably not helping, because I swear my natural body clock wants to stay up til 2am and sleep til 10am.  I can deal with that.  It's the bizarre energy level swings that are really getting to me...pues, off to bed soon--I don't hear any snoring, so I'll probably be able to fall asleep.  Buenas noches! 



No comments:

Post a Comment