Thursday, July 14, 2011

I can see clearly now....

I feel like I'm coming out of a fog.  A dense, heavy, pea-soup-like fog.  Damn I hate the end of the school year and start of the summer.

I posted about it last year.  I think I've finally scraped myself up off the pavement that I splatted on after I slammed head-first into the end-of-the-year brick wall.  Sigh.

I actually met with the physician's assistant at my endo's office for a blood pressure check, and it was my first time meeting her.  Now that Dr. N has agreed to take me on as a primary care patient instead of just endo stuff, I get to meet the PA.  And it was as if I had known her for years.  I really liked her.  We talked about my suitcase of issues, and she pointed me to a website where I can keep track of what I eat along with exercise...so far I'm loving it and amazed at my diet.  Not as healthy as I previously thought.  Parts of it are, but not all of it.  Plus it has given me the oomph needed to get off my ass and get moving.  I have to admit--it feels good.   It helped a ton too when I got on the scale and was 5 pounds lighter than I was in May.  (insert smiley face here) She also told me how lucky I was that Dr. N agreed to move me into a primary care slot since her patient panel is closed.  Woo hoo!  My blood pressure was ok at 120/82, so no changes for now.

That was a big boost since I had a meltdown the night before over the chaos that is our condo.  It's getting better, but something set me flying and off I ranted and raved.  I was a Bitch with a capital B and eventually came back to sanity after sitting by myself on the balcony staring at the full moon.  I was better in the morning. &^%$## hormones.

Sis was here and we spent a couple of days shopping for stuff she can't get out in the boonies--we spent hours at Trader Joe's, Target, and she even went to TJ Maxx.  We hit our favorite breakfast place (so she could get banana chocolate chip pancakes), had bimbimbop from Trader Joe's and hung out for a couple of days.  She came down for her TB test for the fall.  Happy to say that she was negative.

I ran into a former student from about 7 years ago who works at Trader Joe's, and last year she told me that she was going to spend a semester in Spain.  She did, she's graduated, and now she's going back to Spain to teach English in Galicia for a year!  I love it when I hear stories like those.  I'm so excited for her.  Makes me want to get on  a plane....

So today I went to Ikea and had fun buying stuff to go with our new bookcases--boxes and magazine files for Mr. W's gigantic periodical collection that he insists he has to keep in case he has to "refer" to them in the future.  Um, can you say "internet"?  I would love to pitch them, but at least I think I found a way to organize them neatly.  And I bought a file cabinet.  It will be great to empty out the last of the boxes piled in the corner.

Progress I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment