Thursday, June 16, 2011

Weekend!!

Ahhhh another weekend.  And a long one at that--Happy Bunker Hill Day!!  Usually I'm not a big fan of this day off since it comes so close to the end of the school year, but this year it falls on a Friday, so I won't complain about a mini-break!  Not that this week was a back breaker--more down time than usual due to classes writing essays and taking finals.  I do have 100+ essays to grade though, so I'll pay for a little relaxation somewhere else....
Isn't that a cool shot of the Bunker Hill Monument and Charlestown? 

The parade was last weekend, but we didn't go.  Weather was iffy.  Instead, I spent the weekend playing with the fire truck.  Mr. Wonderful entered the Pirsch into a muster on Saturday, complete with a parade through the town where it was being held.  Kind of cool to sit in the front of the truck and play with the air horn and sirens, and watch all the little kids dressed up as firemen.  I don't have a picture of that anywhere handy at the moment. 

I'm headed north tomorrow to hang out with Sis in the 603. 

Feeling ok, but I was almost late to work twice since I can't quite drag my sorry ass out of bed early enough.  That and the traffic is nuts.  Kind of tired.  And a little stressed out because I only have 7 more days to close my classroom for the year....

OH HOW COULD I FORGET TO POST THAT THE BRUINS WON THE STANLEY CUP LAST NIGHT??
That could be why I'm a little more tired today!

They beat Vancouver in game 7.  I stayed up to watch the game, and it was amazing.  My uncle used to take me to Bruins games when I was a kid, and we'd go to 4 or 5 a season.  It was great--we just had to walk over the bridge to the Garden, and pretty soon I knew all the stats of every player.  I played gym hockey too at my parish, so I loved the game.  Loved Ray Bourque too, and Cam Neely, and Terry O'Reilly, and Stan Johnathan, and Gerry Cheevers....it really was awesome to see them win last night.  Tim Thomas? No words to adequately describe what he did throughout the playoffs. 

Such a good week....
Bruins win the Stanley Cup.
Sis gets a teaching job for next fall.
I get a new position for next fall, more on that later.  I get to keep my AP classes though. 
Year is basically over except for reading essays and figuring out term and year end grades. 
I don't want to jinx anything, but it's all good at the moment....

And it's Father's Day this weekend...this is a pic my Sis found while going through old slides.  I figure it was taken around 1976  based on my lovely school uniform and the red watch I'm wearing--that was a first communion present, and I made that in 1976.   We're in the downstairs kitchen in the house where I grew up--gotta love the color scheme!  I love the picture too.  Dad's been gone since 1999, and some days it's really hard to believe that so much time has passed.  He's only about 33 here.  Still miss him every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment