Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snow went out to sea!

Phew, my "snow event" induced meltdown the other day wasn't necessary.  Being true New England, wait a few minutes, or in this case overnight, and the weather will change.

Today was gray, overcast and felt like snow, but no little white flakes fell from the sky.

We just got home from "A Christmas Celtic Sojourn", and I have to say the show was really really good.  Not as cheesey as I thought it would be, and the music was fantastic.  I love Seamus Egan and Robbie O'Connell....and Brian O'Donovan did a great description of childhood Christmases in Clonakilty!  I knew he was from West Cork, but I didn't realize it was Clon.  All in all it was a good take.

From there we moseyed into Chinatown and had dinner in a Malaysian restaurant.  That's a first!  Never had Malaysian food before.  We walked by these large windows, and the crowd was predominantly Asian.  Figured that was a good sign in Chinatown, so we went in.  I had a green curry chicken clay pot with veggies, and Mr. Wonderful had some kind of pork dish.  I also had about 4 little cups of tea, and now I think I will be completely wired on caffeine, unable to sleep.  Not a good thing since I stupidly agreed to meet with a parent at 7am...groan.  If this parent's child ever decided to do some work, we wouldn't have any issues.  The kid got a zero on the last vocab quiz....on review vocab....at least by meeting at 7am, the meeting can only last til 7:25.  I had better get to bed.  Boston Pops tomorrow night!

I have the words of "Mrs. Fogarty's Christmas Cake" running through my head....

No comments:

Post a Comment