Thursday, December 16, 2010

Get a lil' culcha in ya life if Motha Naycha lets ya...

From tonight's news. You've got to be kidding. 

Deep heavy sigh.  They say there is a nor'easter coming up the coast for Sunday into Monday.  There's a possibility that it will hook out to sea and just brush the coast.  There's also a possibility that the storm will come right up to our doorstep and stay for a while, meaning large amounts of snow for us.  I totally forgot that we got 20 inches of snow at this same time last year and it messed up the last week before vacation...

Did I look at the calendar when I got all these great ideas?  What were my great ideas?  Culture!  We need a little culture in our lives.  Hmm....what should we do right around Christmas?  I know! 

Let's go see the Boston Pops!  I've never seen them (shameful, I know.). Yay!  Got tix for Mr. W and Sis.  I also got tix for A Christmas Celtic Sojourn at the Cutler Theater.  I saw clips of it on PBS, and it looks interesting.  Seamus Egan from Solas is the music director, so that right there should make it a worthwhile excursion. I love his stuff...

Looking at the calendar, I got tix for the Celtic thing on Sunday at 5pm--great!  Dinner, maybe a little shopping, strolling around downtown to get in the Christmas spirit...Mr. W thought it was a good idea.  Then, Sis said she has a dentist appointment on Monday and will be in the area, so I thought, "Pops tix?" I got the tix online, got some seats in the lower balcony with an aisle seat for Mr. W--perfect!
Yay!  Irish music (probably a little cheesey, but worth a try to get in the Christmas spirit) and a real Boston tradition that somehow my family never paid attention to, and double yay!  Culture!  Live music!  No worrying for a couple of hours about my thyroid, school, grading, moving....

And now there's a nor'easter coming up the coast to mess with my plans.

Funny thing is, I called Sis about getting the tix for the Pops, and she informed me, "If it snows I'm not coming.  Did you think about the chance for bad weather?"

Um, no, I hadn't really thought about it, thanks. Did I mention that I didn't remember last year at this exact time?

So now that she said that, there has to be a nor'easter just in time for these two days, right?

Did I mention that it was in the paper today that Shaquille O'Neal is going to be at the Pops Monday night to do a reading of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and be a guest conductor for "Sleigh Ride"?

If it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all.

I won't be sad to see 2010 go away....
Maybe we'll get a snow day out of this.

I need to find my winter boots and figure out how to dress them up.  I don't think the Bean snow boots will work at Symphony Hall...

No comments:

Post a Comment