Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happiness is....

a big Irish breakfast for dinner cooked by Mr. Wonderful!
Not an actual picture of dinner because I didn't take one.  This will give you an idea though. 

It was absolutely delicious.  And very unhealthy, but I think the last time I ate one was last February.  We found a convenience store on the other side of the city with three aisles of full shelves and two freezers of Irish products, run by a group of Pakistani men.  The store was called the "Lucky Shamrock".  Yup, I'm not lying.  Only in America. 

We filled up on goodies, including bangers, white and black pudding and brown bread.  I forgot to grab a package of rashers, so our breakfast was minus rashers, grilled tomato and mushrooms.  But the rest of it was lovely.  And Mr. W cooked it all on his own! Except for the hash browns, I made those.  
Lots of protein for dinner.  

Ignore the previous post.  I've figured that I'll find the bandwagon after the holidays and drive the damn thing.  Black and white pudding was too good to pass up.  And besides--I slept in today til 11:30 after a late night Christmas party, and the only thing I had to eat all day was brown bread toast....

Pat Shortt's song is running through my head...
"Two eggs two sausage two rashers two bacon two pudding one black one white..."  

I also bought some Club Lemon, lots of different flavored crisps and Cadbury's chocolate.  And brown bread.  Can't forget the brown bread. 

So it was a good food day. 

Preps are underway for the holidays...sort of.  A dinner party Friday night and a party last night helped set the mood.  Now I just have to do some shopping and find my decorations.  And decide where to decorate.  And look for last minute gifts.  And wrap them.  And finish the Christmas cards.  

Stress level is high too--I stayed home Thursday and Friday to work on my 53 college rec letters that have to be done by mid-January. I have 21 done, 32 to go.  I have most of the remaining 32 started, but was almost more depressed at the end of the day Friday when I realized that I'm nowhere near finished and am looking at least probably one more hour per letter to finish. 

 Let's just say I had an unfortunate incident with an innocent loaf of zucchini bread, and it was sent flying in pieces all over the kitchen. Incredibly stupid, yes.  And very messy to clean up.  And a waste of a good loaf of yummy bread.  It's a really long story/string of events to explain, but when I get stressed, if I'm alone, I'll throw things.  My tirade messed up my assignment of bringing an appetizer to the dinner party to the annoyance of the host, and has now left me without zucchini bread for the week.  Sigh.  Too much stuff piled up at the end of the day, and time management has always been a challenge for me; result--too much to do while still arriving late.  And a pulverized zucchini loaf.  

However, I talked to Sis en route to the dinner party and she calmed me down.  Mr. Wonderful was his usual wonderfulness and helped with stress relief hugs later.  We went for a walk on Saturday, went to another party and I got lots of extra sleep over the weekend.  Only 9 days of classes, and then vacation.  That seems doable, right?  At least that's what I'm telling myself as I type this.  

I spent the afternoon today correcting two sets of AP tests.  Three sets of level 4 tests and level 4 essays to go, along with two sets of AP practice essays to read by break.  Did I mention that the term ends the 23rd, and I'll have to test the little buggers again, meaning more stuff to correct?  

Things had better even out by term three.  This year just sucks.  

On a good note, I have scones and brown bread, and the Patriots won today in snowstorm in Chicago.  Love Tom Brady, but not loving the hair.  

Off to bed, and hoping for a good week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment