Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Still undetectable!

Woo hoo!

I don't know why that one word, "undetectable", can make me so happy.  But thyca is still undetectable!

I had a great visit with my endo--I love her.  She was thrilled at all sorts of things--my weight is down 15 pounds from this time last year (wowowowowoowowowwow), my blood pressure reading in the office was 115/70 (tends to run high in the office always), and she was happy with my hormone updates.  Overall, I think I got a gold star!

She also thought the gluten free thing was a hoot--she literally started laughing when I told her about my ideas, because the previous patient informed her that she was also going gluten free and feeling much better.  Previous patient also had Hashimoto's.  She said to keep it up if it was making me feel better but to keep an eye on the fat/sugar stuff because of my past issues with insulin resistance.  She told me to tell my sister, also a Hashimoto's victim, to think about going gluten free.

I have to go back in February for a full physical, and I also have to have to do the whole body scan with Thyrogen in October.  She figured that 2 1/2 years was a good point to check it, and then she'll do it again at 5 years.

So I'll have some bloodwork done in the next few days to see how thing are looking, pray that it comes back in the good ranges for stuff, and go have a bone density test done at some point this summer.  And a mamogram.

I'm going to go do my Wii workout and then get on with my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment