Saturday, January 29, 2011

Now, wait for results.

Snow day #4 was this past Thursday!
We'll be in school all summer.
I like having one or two snow days, but this is ridiculous.  And there's another storm due Tuesday into Wednesday--this one is being called a "coast to coast blizzard".
And it's not even February.  That's when it usually snows a ton, and January is just really really cold.
Bloodwork day....

Today was a trek to get my bloodwork done.  Got to Lab #1 10 minutes before closing time, but labworker had already locked the door, was busy chatting on the phone and told me she was closed.  Went to hospital with 24 hour lab but couldn't find parking anywhere nearby.  Two story high snow piles didn't help.  Went to lab #3 and finally found both parking and open lab.
Due to 12-14 hours of fasting, I think this was the closest I've ever come to passing out.  Dr. N is testing every possible hormone level to see what is really going on.  Of course I'm looking to hear the word "undetectable" for the thyroid cancer, but I'm on edge for all the other fun stuff--insulin, lipids, cholesterol, a complete metabolic panel...so much of this stuff has been off for the past couple of years that this time probably won't be good either.   I downed a banana and a bottle of cranberry juice to get rid of the lightheadedness.  Never had that before.
Mr. Wonderful and I then went to a great restaurant recommended by a labworker for breakfast/brunch.  I was starving and that veggie omlet tasted soooooo good.  I came home and took a nap.  Just what I needed after sleeping til 11am.  And I've been sleeping much better lately, but apparently not enough.  I wonder if I'm throwing all I have to get through work and then crash once my day/week is over.
8 vials of blood can mess you up I guess.
I'm so screwed up.
However, I have been eating lots and lots of veggies and fruit.  And almonds.  That has to help, right?  And I even got myself back on my bike.
Now I have to not think about the results til my appointment with Dr. N on Feb. 11th.
Date night! 

Mr. W and I had a date night tonight and went to see "The King's Speech".  Really good.  The cast was amazing--hope they win a bucketload of Oscars.  "The Fighter" is next on the list.  There is a new version of "Jane Eyre" coming out soon--the trailer looked interesting.  Dame Judi Dench is Mrs. Fairfax--definitely have to see that since it's one of my all-time favorite books.  I usually read it once a year or so, so I might have to pick it up again soon.

Not sure what's on the table for tomorrow.  I have 80 tests to correct and 6 more letters of recommendation to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment