Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blizzard!



I'll admit it.  I did my Snow Day Dance, and apparently it worked very well.

We had today off as Mother Nature slammed us with over a foot of snow.  We also have tomorrow off since it kept snowing heavily all day.  Most of the schools around here closed for both days.  Problem is it's the wet, heavy stuff that is hard to shovel and move around.
View from my balcony around 10 am

So, another day to sleep in tomorrow and work on rec letters.  31 down, 23 to go.  At least I'm over the halfway point, and can do some more tomorrow. It was nice to catch up on sleep today since I'm still not sleeping through the night--I think all of my posts lately have a line like that in there somewhere.  I can't decide if I'm feeling hyper or hypo?  Hard to tell since insomnia can be signs of both.

I love snow days since it really is great to not have to get up so damn early.  However, it is not a free day--we have to make it up in June since the days get tacked on at the end of the year.  No biggie you say?  Hmm.  I have now lost two prime days of instruction time out of my January calendar, so something will have to get scrunched or condensed so we can cover everything.  No teaching will get done on those extra days at the end--it will be 95 degrees in the shade without air conditioning, the term will be over and we will be babysitting and providing entertainment.  So while I love rolling over at 5:30am, I know that we're going to pay for it later.  The snow really is pretty this storm since it is sticking to everything.

Usually snow day patterns follow this cycle....
If the streets are clear by tomorrow afternoon, they won't cancel for the next storm.  I thought this graph was kind of funny and it made me chuckle because it's so true.  

I'm actually feeling tired, so I'm going to go to bed before a second wind kicks in.  I wonder if when I take my vitamins has something to do with it?  I usually take my calcium chewies and multivitamin with dinner, but today I took them around lunch.  I feel like I could fall asleep easily, and today wasn't exactly a heavy-lifting day.  I'll see--maybe I should take them at lunch time....

No comments:

Post a Comment