Monday, October 4, 2010

Simply undetectable!



Sing along with Robert Palmer and his lovely ladies!! 


Simply undetectable


Simply undetectable





RAI is so powerful, huh


It's simply unavoidable


The trend is irreversible (I hope)


The woman is invincible (for now!) 


Simply undetectable...





Yup, back from a visit with Dr. N, and the cancer is still UNDETECTABLE!  Whew.  I have now graduated to a 3 month bloodwork check, so I don't have to face another needle until January.  She was happy with my current status for the most part.  TSH is holding around 0.09, which is solidly in the hyper range and shouldn't go much more hyper.  She wants me to stay there, so no change in the levoxyl for now;  I'll stay at .125mcg. Thyroglobulin and thyroid antibodies are both negative.  My blood pressure was the overachiever of the day, clocking in at 110/78.  It's never been that nicely low when taken in the office.  And I'm not on any blood pressure meds either since I kind of stopped taking it during hypo hell--I kind of forgot.  When I started checking the BP at home and it was regularly normal, I was impressed.  I'm figuring the thyroid was key in messing that up.  


On a slight downer, my weight was up 8 lbs.  Sigh.  Part of it could be PMS if my system kicks into gear on schedule this month.  I'm probably perimenopausal too, so my hormones are likely all over the place.  She'll check them in January, and if the estrogen is too low, we'll have to talk about options....hyperthyroid state plus low estrogen equals osteoporosis.  Mom had osteoporosis.  I'm way too clumsy to be stuck with fragile bones, so I'll have to do some researching and see what my options are if I need them.  


But I'm sooooooo  psyched.  I survived the first month back to school in one piece, and my classes seem to be going fine.  I'm feeling pretty decent most of the time except for occasional cognitive issues where I can't remember things like before, or I have difficulty processing incoming info.  She said that's how it is due to my thyroidless state.  Apparently I'm taking the right combo of multivitamins and calcium with vitamin D too. I just need to make some form of exercise routine.  Which I know.  And I've talked and talked about it for years.  Bottom line is that I hate to exercise.   However, Dr. N also said that my being just slightly hyper was enough to stimulate my appetite and make me more hungry (which I am--see previous post with evil bunny), but not enough to cause the weight to fall off like I wish it would.  It went on stealthily--can't it just disappear the way it appeared?  Then I could look like one of Robert Palmer's girls!  One can dream....Dr. N suggested I try WiiFit.  I don't know anything about it, but she said she has another patient has used it and lost 55 lbs.  Sigh.  As I munch on some chocolate.  C'mon--it was all fruit and green stuff all day, and I mean all day, dinner included.  The chocolate has some hazelnuts in it--does that count for something nutritious?  


Ok, so the Robert Palmer lyrics are lame, but that tune pops in my head each time I hear the bloodwork results, and if I started singing them in the office, Dr. N would think I was insane.  


I'm going to spend the rest of the  evening enjoying the big feeling of relief and bask in Dr. N's smile while we chatted today.  While my reproductive system continues its revolt, at least the cancer is completely suppressed.  Given everything else that has gone on, I can deal with rebelling ovaries.  


Thanks once again St. Peregrine!  Time to go dance some salsa....







No comments:

Post a Comment