Sunday, November 15, 2015

WBS for "tumor localization". Whaaaaat?

Still here....
Plan is moving into "something actually going to happen" phase--WBS is scheduled for this Wednesday, thyrogen shots on Monday and Tuesday.

The paperwork arrived yesterday from the hospital, and for "exam" it says "tumor localization".  Hmm.  That definitely doesn't imply that we aren't certain a tumor exists, but rather the little bastard is there and we have to find out exactly where.  That kind of gave me chills up my spine, because that phrase sounds pretty definite and no question about if there is cancer.  Makes it sound like it's there.  So much for the doctor telling me that it could just be a funky lymph  node.  Am I overreacting?

I think all of this just makes me tired.  As in I just flopped on the couch yesterday and slept away most of the afternoon.

It didn't help that Friday at work sucked.  Turns out the day before, one of my teachers was absent.  She told me on Tuesday that she'd be out, and we had Wednesday off.  She is supposed to call in sick to the sick line so that there would be a sub for all of her classes.  She didn't call in and forgot.  So her classes went uncovered all day, and I completely forgot that she told me she would be out.   To make it worse, my office is across the hall from her room, and I didn't even realize she wasn't there.  Between thyroid meds and apparently being a little stressed out about the cancer being back, I totally blanked.  Let's just say my boss wasn't very happy with me.

So, for today I might just flop on the couch again.  And binge-watch my latest obsession, "Isabel" from Spain's RTVE.  It's so good.  I'm into the second season right now and loving the fact that I can follow the  rapid fire Spanish pretty well.  I think I'm getting most of it!  This picture is from Season 1.



I'll be back once I find out where the tumor is, and what the next phase of the plan is.  Ought to be an interesting week if I can get through it.



No comments:

Post a Comment