Sunday, November 22, 2015

Look what I just found, minutes after posting my anxiety-ridden post!


FINDINGS:
Whole-body images and images of the thyroid bed and neck demonstrate
normal distribution of radiotracer within the salivary glands,
stomach, bowel and urinary bladder.  No persistent activity is seen
within the neck or elsewhere to suggest metastatic disease.
 
 
IMPRESSION:
 
1. No evident recurrent or metastatic thyroid cancer




Yes!!!!!!!
I decided to check the online portal, and there was the report!  I never even got a notice that it was there as of tonight.  
Guess she didn't need to call me. What a relief.  So hard to not go to that dark scary place with this stupid cancer stuff, especially with the high recurrence rate of thyca.  I really was scared about this, and Dr. N wasn't overly reassuring after reading the ultrasound report, so why not prepare for the worst?  Hell, I'm Irish, that's what we do.  

Big sigh of relief.  Now, once I stop feeling so awfully hypo, I can get my life back on track and plan for the spring.  Mr. W is talking about travel ideas, which is always a good thing.  

I think I'll sleep well tonight.  :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment