Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Know a good roofer?

Or at least a good way to deal with shingles?

Turns out Mr. Wonderful has a nasty case of the shingles.  In his mouth and on his head.  The poor guy is in so much pain...

We ended up in the MGH emergency room yesterday morning (Happy MLK Day to you too) after he woke up with a swollen, rashy face and a horrendous headache.  Not a pretty sight!  The ER was great and we were done and on our way after about an hour...when the dr. decided that the rash was too close ot his eye, so we had to go to the Mass Eye and Ear ER to make sure it wasn't in his eyes.  That took forever and we finally got out of there around noon.  Eyes were fine. Saw some scary stuff in there--I hate bloody stuff to begin with, but it almost makes me nauseous to think about stuff wrong with the eyes.

By the time we got home, I think Mr. W was in agony.  I picked up all his meds and when I got home, he was looking for the pain meds.  This is man who won't take a tylenol for a headache...
He managed to sleep off and on but hasn't eaten in two days.  I'm figuring he won't be going to work for the week, which is probably good because he's been complaining about being tired.
However, he's a lousy patient and doesn't like people taking care of him, so he can be a little difficult.
I'm hoping my immune system is built up enough to avoid catching this, even though I'm still fighting off the cold I've had for a couple of weeks.

I've added Bolthouse Farms juice to my diet to try to give my system a boost--I'm loving the Green Goddess juice.  It looks like something from a swamp, but  seems to be loaded with nutritious stuff and not too much sugar.  I've read about people "juicing", but I haven't gotten into that yet due to lack of time and/or ingredients.  I'm doing much better lately with taking my vitamins and supplements, exercising and trying to eat healthy.  Usually happens in January...

In the meantime, I keep feeling like my face is itchy, and I can't tell if it's sympathy pains or paranoia.

No comments:

Post a Comment