Monday, February 4, 2013

Janu...what?

So where did January go??

It seems like the older I get, the faster time is flying by.

Either that or I just can't remember anything and it's all blended together in one big multicolor splash in my brain.  I definitely had a bout of serious brain fog somewhere in the middle of the month, and I can't pinpoint why.  Some days it felt surreal and I could barely keep the thread of a conversation going in English or in Spanish.  And then, it passed.  At least I think it did.  It seemed to coincide with a really really cold week and half we had of frigid near zero temps and no heat in school.  I think that was a big factor and I could not get warm for days.  It got so bad that I finally bought a space heater for my office at school.  It helps, but this has definitely been the winter of large wool sweaters, wool socks, turtlenecks, corduroys and down vests.  And my oh so unattractive black cloggy-looking shoes that are oh so comfortable.

Right now I'm in the midst of trying to get enough sleep--some nights are better than others, but it's never enough.

Still cold though.

School is well, school.  It's pretty cold in there.  I've fallen so far behind on essays it's scary, and now I have 40+ speaking assessments to figure out. Not complaining, my colleagues have 150+.  It's just a pain that I don't want to deal with right now.

I'm tired.  I'm thinking that maybe I should try to go to bed a little earlier tonight--last night between the Super Bowl and Downton Abbey, I probably got to bed by midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment