Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Whole Body Scan: Negative!

Woo hoooooooooooooo! 

I finally got the call yesterday to tell me that my whole body scan done last Wednesday came back completely NEGATIVE.

Negative.  Never has that word sounded so great!  It used to torture me when I was struggling with the concept of negative numbers in the 8th grade, but yesterday it was pure music to my ears.

Breathe huge, massive sigh of relief here.

So that means that I am completely undetectable.  As in no evidence of cancer.  Anywhere.  Anywhere in my body.  For once, my body has agreed to play nice and not torture me.

I have been pretty tired from the whole ordeal, more than I probably realized.  I was just sleepy the whole weekend.  I'm starting to feel a little bit closer to normal today, but I think it took a lot out of me. I didn't really have any side effects from the Thyrogen other than being tired, and the nurse that did the shots was excellent--barely felt them!

This is kind of huge, because it's been two and half years since the TT and blast of RAI--all I've been using to check things since then is blood work.  Luckily it's consistently come back undetectable, but you never know what could be lurking, especially since the original cancer had metastasized to my lymph nodes--I had visions of a rogue node full of thyca that was hiding in there.....the WBS just confirms that there is nothing there that they can see, and I'm fine with that.

Today is a good day.  A very good day.


Thanks St. Peregrine once again....


1 comment:

  1. Hi! Um, do you have an email address where I can reach you? Not sure how to track you down!

    ReplyDelete