Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dog days of summer...

I've calmed down quite a bit since my panic about all the denseness in my life!  Whew.  That really was scary to me, even though on an intellectual level I was pretty sure it was cysts.  Emotionally, it was another story.

So fast forward to this week and I'm hanging out with Sis up north, listening to crickets at the moment.  Last night a barred owl let out a blood-curdling screech that made me jump off the couch.  This morning, my neighbors began tearing up their asphalt driveway and excavating for ledge.  At 7am.  Not very neighborly now, right?  I marched my half-awake self over to their driveway (they did wake us up after all, just like they did last summer...), growled good morning and told them it was too early.  The sad thing is they worked until 5 pm, and I know it will start up tomorrow at....7am.  The neighbor said, "I'm sorry.", and I wanted to yell back at her, "No you aren't!", just like I do with the kids at school.  As if saying "I'm sorry" exonerates you from any responsibility.

A tangent.   I am down to single digit numbers of weeks until I return to school, so I'm a little annoyed when heavy machinery wakes me up at the time I'm usually already in the car and en route to school. Just sayin'.

Sis goes back next Wednesday.  Better her than me.

Not much else going on.  I do have my prescription for Pravastatin to take to help lower the CRP thingy, but I haven't started it yet.  I'm a little leery--side effects include memory loss (oh hell no) and muscle pain.  Sigh.  I did find a couple more articles supporting its use for CRP, and Dr. N seems to think that since I've done everything else I can to lower it but nothing has made it budge, time for some pharmaceutical help.  I suppose that if I don't want to have a cardiac event later, I should take it.  Try it?

No comments:

Post a Comment