Thursday, March 3, 2011

You look good!

Another milestone in this cancer journey...

I had my one year follow up with the surgeon today.  She took one look at my scar and quipped, "Did you even have surgery?"  The scar has blended in rather nicely with the natural crease in my neck, so it doesn't stand out much.  She examined my neck, listened to my lungs, made me swallow while she probed my neck again, checked my labs from the end of January and asked me how much levothyroxine I take.  She told me I really looked great, and said to come back in one year to see her again.

I arrived for my appointment 20 minutes early.  I was in my car on my way home 7 minutes before the actual time of my appointment.  Amazing.

I feel like I can breathe a small sigh of relief for the moment.  Ahhhhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment