Saturday, October 31, 2015

Settling in again....

Hola again.
Settling in to my new reality over the past couple of weeks.
I had a hard time with the news on Columbus Day, but felt so much better after talking with Dr. N and getting a plan in place.  Why is it that just the plan made me able to return to normal functioning?

In fact I have been able to completely "forget" at times that the cancer is probably in there somewhere, lurking in my lymph nodes.  Then there are times that it comes flooding over me, the anticipation of what's ahead.  But for now, I'm keeping in a different compartment in my head.  

And enjoying things like Pop Tarts and Halloween candy, even though sugar feeds tumors.  I have also had tons and tons of vegetables--so many salads that I know I will come back in another life as a rabbit.  A very hungry rabbit.


So, in a holding pattern for now.  Dr. N wanted to have me take my levoxyl in the am and cytomel in the pm, figuring I'd get an energy boost that would encourage me to do things like exercise-all it did was screw up my memory and general ability to function like a competent adult for a couple of weeks, probably because I usually forgot the pm dose of cytomel.  I went back to taking both in the morning, and am starting to feel slightly normal again.  

I'll come back once the plan starts to work itself out, probably in a couple of weeks.  



No comments:

Post a Comment